Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Devon & Blakely at 5th Avenue

After cleaning our apartment, with abrely just four hours of sleep. I go and venture out to 5th Avenue where all the iconic luxury brands can be found. I even went to the iconic Mac store, pictured here. F-A-O Shwartsz Toy Store (where the toy piano is, made famous by Tom Hanks in his movie Big). I didn't take a picture pala of that. Maybe next time.

I walked what felt like a hundred blocks and checked out the display windows,


5th Avenue is completely wasted on me, it's a haven for fashionistas and people who like to spend a few thousand dollars on a purse, or a shirt.

I did go to Rockefeller Center and saw the ice skating rink being put up. Sorry, no pictures, exploring by myself, remember? haay...

The highlight of my trip is my lunch, is it any wonder? he he he. I had lunch at Devon & Blakely, which is a soup, salad, wrap and sandwich bar. They bake their breads daily.





I ordered a salad, since we've been eating crazy for the past few days. there's a "starter kit" found in their chiller, which is a variety of salad greens. You the go to tha salad bar and add any other stuff you want. I added tofu, blue cheese, chick peas, artichoke hearts and alfalfa sprouts to mine. You also have a wide variety of salad dressings to choose from. I had the roasted garlic vinaigrette, which was soooo good.



The variety of mix and match sandwich, side dishes and soups are astounding. I love the fact that you can customize your salad, sandwich and your sandwich wrap to whatever ingredient, bread (wheat, white, fresh baguette, some sort of kaiser bread, rye etc), wrap varieties (they have spinach, carrots, low carb, whole grain etc) you like. They didn't allow me to take pictures of their selection :-( So, you have to take my word for it or go see for yourself.





I will definitely come back to try their other stuff.

No comments: