1 whole garlic, finely chopped
3 - 4 teaspoons Sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Tequila (or more)
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Kikkoman soy sauce
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1. Soak bamboo skewers in water to prevent them from burning when grilling.
2. Peel and devein the prawns but keep the tails intact. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix garlic, sugar, oil, tequila, soy sauce, lime juice and lime zest.
4. Add the prawns to the marinade and soak for about 20 to 30 minutes.
5. Skewer the prawns, three to a bamboo stick to make a nice presentation.
6. Grill over charcoal 2-3 minutes per side. Do not overcook!
7. Serve immediately and garnish with cilantro and squeeze some fresh lime juice before serving.