Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Strawberry and Raspberry Granola Crisps

I saw some frozen strawberries and raspberries at the supermarket last weekend. Hubby asked me when I will cook again (which is dagger straight to my heart). He misses my cooking. Awww.

I decided to use the frozen strawberries and raspberries that we bought in the supermarket. I'm trying to get hubby's weight down by swapping things so that he can still enjoy the usual things that I make but with a healthier twist. I made this crisp recipe using as little as sugar and butter as possible without sacrificing taste. I also added granola for a crunchy twist. Here's my recipe (I didn't measure anything):

Strawberry and Raspberry Crisps
Serves 4



1 to 1 and 1/2 cups of frozen strawberries, thawed
1/2 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
1 Tablespoon of sugar for sprinkling
1/4 cup flour
Pinch of salt
1 Teaspoon sugar
1 Tablespoon of butter
Pinch of salt
Handful of granola

Procedure
1. Preheat oven.
2. Sprinkle the berries with sugar. Let stand.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, butter, salt and sugar until it resenbles bread crumbs. Add the granola and mix well.
4. Place the berries in ramekins, top with the granola mixture.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the topping turns brown and berries are bubbling.

Hubby prefers his version with a scoop of frozen yoghurt on top :-)

No comments: