Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Macaroni Aioli with Kielbasa

I came home surprisingly early today. I even had time to whip up a quick pasta dish for myself with whatever I could find in my pantry. The basil in my garden feels a little bit neglected since I haven't used it in a while so I added it here. Tomatoes and basil, marriage made in heaven, right?

Last Minute Macaroni Aioli Pasta with Kielbasa Sausage
Good for one



You will need
1 small handful of dried macaroni (or any pasta you like), cooked shy of al dente (about 6 to 7 minutes)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 to 2 pinches of anchovies in oil
2 Tomatoes, diced
Kilebasa, julliened
Handful of basil, sliced into ribbons

1. While pasta is cooking, saute the Kielbasa in olive oil until slightly curled. Reduce heat and add the garlic, anchovies and tomatoes. Do not brown the garlic.
2. Add the cooked macaroni and a little bit of the pasta water.
3. Turn off the heat and add the basil.

This dish was surprisingly good. As I was developing this recipe in my mind on my way home, I wasn't sure how the flavors will compliment each other (I was supposed to add bell peppers but I was fresh out). I think I'll make this again. You can certainly add cheese here but it doesn't really need it. The anchovies and sausages provide just the right amount of saltiness and the tomatoes balance the aioli quite nicely.

No comments: