Saturday, October 17, 2009

From my garden

Can you believe all these flowers are from my garden?



I was feeling a little sad that hubby had to work on my birthday weekend. These flowers brightened my morning immediately.

I made some sort of fritata/omelet this morning which also helped my mood a bit. I didn't go all out with the ingredients since it was just me eating. Hubby had his corn flakes already and I'm limiting his egg intake.

Vegetable Fritata

2 Eggs, beaten
Non fat milk
Grated cheese
1 small potato, diced
2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/2 small bell pepper, diced
Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Mix together beaten eggs, milk, cheese, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a separate pan, heat up the olive oil and cook the potatoes.
3. When potatoes are cooked, drain off excess oil. Add the tomatoes and bell peppers, toss gently until warmed through.
4. Add the egg mixture and cook until eggs are set to your liking. I like mine a bit runny.



This fritata would go well with scalions, mushrooms, blanched broccoli and spinach. For a healthier variation, use only egg whites.

For a more decadent version, use butter instead of olive oil, cream instead of non-fat milk and add lots of bacon!

Darn, I would have added bacon if I had some. He he he.

No comments: