Thursday, June 28, 2007

Vanilla Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting

I've been meaning to perfect the recipe for the white chocolate frosting. I've had success with the frosting in my devil's food cupcake and I had this bright idea that maybe I can substitute the chocolate chips with the white chocolate chips and everything will be perfect...



Well, the vanilla cup cakes were. As for the frosting....

Several things went terribly wrong with this frosting experiment:
1. I burned the white chocolate chips when I was melting them in the microwave.Decided to melt the chocolate in a double broiler instead.
2. Melted chocolate was too hot and had melted the butter in the icing making it too runny. Had to refrigerate to solidify.
3. I had the bright idea of piping the icing on the cupcakes using a star tip (note that I've never piped anything in my life). The start tip punched the pastry bag and leaked frosting all over the counter.
4. Frosting didn't cooperate too much. The frosting wasn't as puffy as I had imagined.

Back to the drawing board. Here's how the cup cakes finally came out.



I'm on my way to drop off the goodies to my mom's and mother-in-law's. I've coerced hubby to buy me dinner too :-)

No comments: