Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Hubby/Decorator(?)

Hubby was in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia last week on business. I had asked him to bring home a souvenir that's distinctly Malaysian. I specifically asked for some wood carvings that we could add to our collection. Since I got married, I try to buy some items from our travels that would look lovely displayed in our home or at least buy something something that's practical and useful.

Hubby was on the hunt. And this is what he came up with:



A miniature gong and beer mug. It's neither made of wood nor is it practical and useful. Hmmm. Note to self: don't ask hubby to purchase home accessories.

But then again, he redeemed himself by bringing home this cupcake book:



I've been itching to bake since I got it.

4 comments:

Random Possum said...

hehehe now i know what to bring for you next time....and HAPPY BAKING :-)

Socky said...

Pewters would be nice to bring home from KL, but to keep it nice and practical (some pewter items can be strombotic and kitschy), opt for pewter picture frames.

ericbau said...

The funny thing was: I was in Malaysia, but the (few) handicrafts I saw (suspiciously) seemed to be from the Philippines!

Picture the large wooden spoon and fork set, and the hanging 3-pocket letter sorter made from wood and split bamboo. =)

Socky said...

At least with pewter, you're sure it's from Malaysia, which is a major producer of pewter. Otherwise, a lot of their souvenirs actually come from Indonesia or the Philippines.