Monday, January 23, 2012

Food Tripping at Ximending - Miswa Noodles

Let me warn you, my Ximending posts will have at least ten parts. Hubby and I spent our last day in Taipei, feasting on street food in Ximending.

Although Ximeding is known as Taipei's (street) fashion district, the amount of food that's available for consumption is simply astounding. I exaggerate not, but, I will go to Taipei again for two reasons one is Din Tai Fung and the next one is Ximending.

So, let me start the first part of my many posts about Ximending. We found this stall that sell Miswa Noodles or birthday noodles. Wow, the stall is almost as old as me, ha ha ha.


This Miswa is quite different from what we are used to here in Manila. Taipei's version has pork innards in them instead of meatballs. Yup, innards. Yum, so healthy. Ha ha ha.


I love that they added cilantro on top, for a refreshing twist. The miswa was very good, perfect during a cold rainy afternoon. Hubby and I shared this one bowl, which was more than enough for us.


 There are no tables anywhere, only stools, some people eat while standing up. That's part of the fun!


1 comment:

DollHouse said...

My daughter and I when to Doll House to buy a Sherri Lee dress that my daughter was obsessed with. I received no service from the sales staff until I asked. They gave my daughter a few styles to try on when asked what size my daughter would be, she pointed at the dress my daughter had on and said “that size”. I noticed that the dresses had no size tags on them and when I asked the sales staff about that, they got frustrated with me and gave no explanation. So I left the store with a much deflated daughter, went home and ordered the dress online and saved $200.