Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Din Tai Fung - Part Deux

Aaargh! I reviewed our Taipei trip pictures, so many more things to blog! I made an initial outline of the things and wonderful places that I want to share with you guys. Looking at the list is somewhat daunting but I want to write about them because we had such a wonderful trip in Taipei and we can't wait to go back.

I like to look back on the things that I blogged and reminisce. I also don't trust my memory to remember details about the food that I ate or some of the recipes that I concocted. One of my college professors once said "Never trust your memory, write everything down". So right.


Anyway, let me start my first catch-up blog about or Taipei trip. Din Tai Fung. I mentioned before that I absolutely love Din Tai Fung restaurant and if I could, I would eat there everyday during our stay in Taipei. Hey, that rhymes!

Hubby and I was waiting for the SOGO mall to open so that we can have brunch at Din Tai Fung and my gosh, the people immediately made a beeline to Din Tai Fung to get a table! I didn't realize that we had to race to get first in line! We had to wait almost an hour to be seated. Crazy!



I watched the kitchen staff make the Xiao Long Bao while waiting. Wow, they work so efficiently.


But I tell you, the food is really worth it. I love the pickled cucumber in Din Tai Fung. So crunchy, a little tangy and very refreshing. Definitely worth ordering again.


We tried almost all of the Xiao Long Bao (except the chicken one). For this trip, we ordered the Truffle Xiao Long Bao again, our favorite, yummy, yummy, yummy!


We also tried the Shrimp with Angled Loofah Xiao Long Bao, also very delicious. The angled loofah is quite refreshing and added texture to the Xiao Long Bao.


We also ordered Crab Roe Xia Long Bao, heavenly. I opened one packet so that you can see. Oh that glorious broth inside. So good.


Aside from the Xioa Long Bao, we also ordered some Shrimp and Pork Dumplings which were so good as well. I'm getting hungry just writing about it. Oh, I can't wait to go baaaack!


The Beef Spicy Noodle was superb as well. We ordered it without the beef, just the noodles and the really really good broth. The broth from Din Tai Fung is the best that we've had in Taipei.


All the food you see above? Yes, only for Hubby and moi. No left overs. Ha ha ha.

Salivating now.

Din Tai Fung, open a branch in Manila already!

No comments: