Shrimp and Mango Salad
2 Mangoes, sliced
Mix the dressing well, until the sugar melts. Pour over the mangoes, shrimps, greens and cilantro. Voila!
Chicken 'n Tomatoes
Chicken Stewed in Tomatoes
Chicken, cut into serving pieces (or you can buy the "fried chicken cut" from the supermarket, like I did)
Lime or calamsi juice
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Head garlic, chopped
1 Canned Diced Tomatoes
1 Canned Crushed Tomatoes
1 Small can of button Mushrooms
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Wash chicken, drizzle with a bit of lime or calamsi juice and pat dry, lightly season with salt and pepper. Sear in olive oil for about two minutes on each side. Set aside.
2. In the same pan, saute garlic, until aromatic but not brown.
3. Pour the canned tomatoes, season, and let simmer until bubbly.
4. Add the chicken pieces and simmer in medium heat until tender. Season again.
5. Add the mushrooms until heated through.
You can add red chili flakes together with the garlic for an extra zing.
Baby Asparagus with Poached Egg and Parmesan Cheese
1 Bunch baby asparagus
1 Tablespoon of vinegar
Freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. Blanch asparagus in boiling salted for a minute. Remove from boiling water and immediately immerse in an ice bath (a bowl with cold water and ice) to preserve its green color and tyo stop the cooking process.
2. In the same pan of boiling water, add a tablespoon of vinegar. Carefully crack an egg on the boiling water. When the whites are cooked, remove from water.
(This is a bit tricky, since it's the first time that I've ever poached an egg)
3. If you move quickly, there is no need to put the asparagus in an ice bath, just place the egg on top and top with grated parmesan. Otherwise, heat the asparagus again in the boiling water for just 10 seconds, top with egg and parmesan cheese.