Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Lunchtime Grocery Trip

Yesterday, I felt inspired to got to the supermarket on my lunch break and see what I can cook up for dinner.

I came across some nice sole fillets, cilantro, fresh tomatoes, crispy cucumbers and really succulent pomelos. Here’s what I made from my loot:

Pomelo Salad with Thai Dressing

1 Large Pomelo, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
Half a bag of washed lettuce or mixed greens
Cucumber, seeded and sliced
1 Small pack of dry roasted peanuts, crushed
Cilantro leaves



Dressing:
Juice of 1 lime
Thai Fish Sauce
Sugar or honey

Mix the dressing well. Pour over salad and lightly toss.


Pan Grilled Sole Fillets with Cucumber and Tomato Salsa

3 Sole fillets, cut in half
3-4 Garlic cloves, sliced thinly
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Olive Oil



Rub fillet with garlic.
Pan grill fillet with a bit of olive oil and garlic.
3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily.

Salsa
Cubed fresh tomatoes
Cilantro
Cubed cucumber (seeds removed)
Salt and pepper
White onions, finely chopped (optional)
Lime juice

1 comment:

ericbau said...

Anybody care to guess if there were any leftovers from dinner last night? :)