Thursday, April 26, 2007

What a week!

My week was unbelievable. First, I scratched the car on a steel signpost while dropping off my uncle to Asian Hospital. I don't mean a little scratch, half the car was damaged. Hubby was very understanding and calm while I was in hysterics.

My uncle was hospitalized for another operation. Mom was his primary caregiver until Tita Socky's helper was sent to the hospital to help mom care for him.

Then, I was invited to attend a food styling class by renowned food stylist, Dolores Custer. I will tell all the juicy details in another blog, promise. This is the highlight of this week.

Last weekend we also had lunch with my husband's relatives from Canada. Of course we had to eat at Serye in Festival Mall so that they can have their famous barbecue, Pinoy style, with a peanut dipping sauce. Serye is a "spin-off" from the Aristocrat chain.





A trip to Santi's to buy some Kalamata Olives (which cousin AA loves btw), capers and apple juice came right after since it's just beside Serye. I love Santi's, I want to buy everything in their store!

We managed to try out a new French restaurant in Alabang, which I will share with you in another blog.

Then the water pump in the house broke and the laundry area was flooded. No water for the night. Hubby had to haul water upstairs several times that night. Poor thing.

Worst of all, my mom was hospitalized too for hypertension. Her blood pressure spiked to 240/120 very close to a heart attack. Thank God she was at the hospital when it happened. This is the fist time my mom was hospitalized since she gave birth to my brother 28 years ago! Thankfully, she's been released and is now resting in LP with her beloved grandchildren.

Thank you for all your prayers.

Is it time for next week yet? This one is taking too long to be over.

2 comments:

P said...

Ayayay, leica. Good to hear Bebo is fine now. And I hope Boy recovers well, too. You were probably stressed out, too, hence the tiff with the lamp post. It happens. But at least you managed to squeeze in yummy dishes throughout your hell-week. Cheers!

Leica said...

Thanks! Everything is well now. Mom's bp is going down. Tito Boy is still in the hospital but is due to be discharged within the week.