Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Seafood Pasta with Aligue

Aligue or crab fat paste is one of those Filipino delicacies that are just plain so darn good to eat. To hell with the doctor's warnings.

I got my hands on a bottle of pure aligue sauce sold in one of the kiosks in Market!Market! The crab paste on display vary in price. I couldn't tell the difference. The sales clerk gladly informed me that the bottle with the golden cap sells pure crab fat, no extenders. I gladly paid the P195 per bottle. The imitations sell for only P90 per bottle. I recommend you get Navarro's with the golden cap, it's really good and not too salty.

My hubby was horrified when he found out what I bought. It would seem that I had purchased poison or something. I dare not feed my hubby aligue for this is an artery clogger (2grams of fat per 2 tablespoons). This one is reserved just for my own pleasure :-)



Here's an easy pasta dish that you can whip up in no time (1 serving).

1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Saute chopped garlic in olive oil. Do not brown.
3. Add peeled and deveined shrimps and fresh squid rings (skins removed). Cook for 1 minute.
4. Add about 1 heaping tablespoon of aligue and some water. Mix well.
5. Add the pasta.
6. Serve with lime or calamansi on the side.

Devour at your own risk.

2 comments:

henrychan888 said...

nice. never had crab fat paste before.. i wanna try now.

Leica said...

You should. It's out of this world. Just eat in moderation :-) You can probably find a bottle in most Asian or Filipino grocery store.