Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Bacon & Peas Pasta

I have a love affair with bacon. If I could eat it everyday, I would. Yesterday, I wasn't in the mood to eat leftovers for lunch. I made this pasta dish since I was craving for both bacon and pasta. Hubby likes this dish too and it's very easy to make. Here's how:



1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. In a separate pan, fry cut-up bacon until the fat is rendered. Drain the bacon in paper towels. Discard the bacon fat (or you can use it for salad dressing).
3. In the same pan, saute sliced garlic in extra virgin olive oil, add the bacon and frozen green peas, salt and pepper. Mix well.
4. Add the drained pasta and chopped parsley. Shaved Parmesan cheese on top is optional.

Pinoy manners always demand that you offer your guests something to eat and drink. This pasta is perfect when unscheduled guests come to your home. A great alternative to corned beef sandwiches. Everything you need is right in your fridge.

No comments: