Monday, September 7, 2009

Tomatoes Stuffed with Crab Meat

I saw a similar recipe of stuffed tomatoes in a magazine many months ago and I have been meaning to try something similar. I am trying to revamp the menu that we have at home and I miss cooking. Hubby and I have polar opposite working schedules and we only share meals on weekends which saddens me a lot. Anyway, I got the chance to cook again today and tried putting my own spin on this recipe.

Tomatoes Stuffed with Crab Meat



3 Salad tomatoes
350 grams of fresh crab meat
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup bread crumbs
Cilantro, chopped
Lime juice
1 to 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
Salt and pepper to taste

Procedure.

1. Preheat your over to 350 degrees.
2. Slice the top off of your tomatoes. Reserve the "cap". Hull. Sprinkle the insides with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
4. Stuff the tomatoes with the crab mixture and sprinkle some breadcrumbs on top. Cover the tomatoes with the "cap".
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.

I have to be honest though. Hubby wasn't very fond of this because the crab mixture is a bit wet due to the juices from the tomatoes. Oh well, at least I tried.

The filling makes a great crab ball if you add egg and more bread crumbs.

No comments: