Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Aioli Pasta with Eggplant and Tomatoes

Cooking for one. It's been a very rainy day here in Manila. I am fortunate that I didn't have a hard time going home despite the weather. When I got home, I wasn't very hungry yet and still had the energy to prepare something for myself other than oatmeal. Hubby's already at work by the time I arrive. I usually don't bother making dinner for myself or asking the housekeeper to prepare something. Most dinner meals I have consist mainly of oatmeal or eggs. Frankly, I was craving for some real food so here's what I made:



Aioli Pasta with Eggplant and Tomatoes
1 Serving

You will need
Dried spaghetti noodles
Extra Virgin olive oil
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 eggplant, cubed
1 anchovy fillet
1 tomato, cubed
Mozzarella cheese, cubed

Procedure
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. In a separate pan, heat up olive oil, saute the eggplant until almost soft.
3. Add the minced garlic and anchovy fillet, mash the fillet in the pan until broken down completely, this will add saltiness to your dish.
4. Add the noodles and some of the pasta water.
5. Add tomatoes and mozzarella. Season if needed.

This is a very easy recipe, less than half an hour to make, preparation included. This Aioli dish is so delicious, my photo doesn't do it justice.

You can substitute the eggplant with other veggies in your crisper. I reckon asparagus spears, broccoli, zucchini would work so well with this. I just remembered I have some pine nuts in the fridge, I should have added that. Oh well, next time.

Happy experimenting!

No comments: