Thursday, May 3, 2007

Simple Pinoy Dinner

I was a bit frazzled yesterday with all the mounting housework that has been neglected for the past week. I was in no mood to prepare a fuzzy dinner and an elegant dessert. I called hubby and told him, I'll just grill some tilapia for dinner. He was excited, since tilapia is one of his favorites, with two conditions... it must have sliced tomatoes with bagoong (shrimp paste) and vinegar dipping sauce and the tilapia must be crispy. Sure, no sweat.







Typical Pinoy fare. Simple, rustic and best eaten with your hands. I opted to grill the tilapia in the oven straight on the rack with just salt and pepper. I've also added some blanched okra and eggplant to our simple meal. For dessert, sliced melons to cool the tongue.

2 comments:

ericbau said...

Without bagoong, this setup is as healthy as can be.

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

Yummy-looking.

Grilled whole fish is one of my favourites too.

We did a version of tilapia in banana leaves but it ended up being steamed inside the leaf. Oh well. An excuse to do the dish again.