Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Bad Tummy Day for Hubby

Hubby's tummy was acting up yesterday and wasn't in the mood to eat anything heavy or extremely fatty.

For breakfast, it was just a BLTC whole wheat sandwiches (Bacon, lettuce tomato and cucumber). I made sure that I baked the bacon on top of a cooling rack (typically used for cooling pastries) to draw out the oil and to keep the bacon pretty straight, then I drained them further on a paper towel. It was yummy. Our sandwiches still had bacon but it was not fatty or greasy.

For lunch we just headed to Recipes in ATC (Alabang Town Center). Recipes is famous for their Fried Tilapia which is filleted and the meat is cut into strips, like french fries and fried together with the bones. It's typical Filipino fare but with better presentation. No more picking out the bones! We took home the fried bones and gave it to our cats. This dish is a hit both for humans and cats alike :-)




I also like their Thai Spring Rolls so we ordered that. The best part of that dish is the home made sweet chili sauce with carrots and cucumber.



Since hubby's tummy has been acting up the whole day, he requested to have some soup for dinner. I made a typical Filipino fare of Nilagang Baka, literally means boiled beef. This particular version is quite weak. For one, I used lean beef (fat removed) and there were hardly any vegetables in it. This is a major hit with hubby since he prefers his nilaga with no fat and a bit bland. Personally, I prefer to use beef shanks and brisket with lots of fat for they give a richer broth.



I also made salted egg salad with no dressing. Hubby and I usually prefer to just munch on the salad sans the dressing. This salad is just made with salted egg, tomatoes and assorted lettuce. The salted egg that I bought were much too salty though. We ended up just eating the tomatoes and the green stuff.



I still had some papaya left that hasn't been opened yet. We had that for dessert. This particular one was sweet and succulent. Almost like the ones from Malaysia.

1 comment:

ericbau said...

Don't get us wrong folks, the strnger version of the Nilaga is fine with both of us. However, just for this night, the weak version was perfect for my unsettled tummy. =)