Thursday, May 17, 2007

Seafood Night

As I run errands all over the place, I find myself in the wet market again today. I purchased some prawns, lapu-lapu (snapper) and live tilapia which I asked the fish monger to scale and clean.

For dinner, I made a simple salad with fried calamari and prawns. It's very easy to make. You will need:



5-6 pieces squid, cleaned, skins removed and sliced into rings
5-6 prawns, shelled and deveined
1 cup of flour
Salt and pepper
Vegetable oil for frying
Romaine and Lolo Rosso lettuce, torn
2 Red bell peppers, seeded and cut in half
Bottled Japanese dressing (I suspect it has tahini in it)

1. Dredge the squid and prawns in flour with salt and pepper. Fry. Drain in paper towels and set aside.
2. In your stove top, flame grill the bell peppers and slice (I prefer with the skin on for that smoky taste)
3. On a bed of lettuce, place the bell peppers and calamari and prawns. Drizzle with dressing.

Option: Sprinkle with walnuts or toasted pine nuts.

I also made Fish Sarciado as main course:



2 lapu-lapu (red snapper) fillet
Flour for dredging
Salt and pepper
Oil for frying
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small shallot, sliced
2 tomatoes, cubed

1. Dredge lapu-lapu in flour with salt and pepper. Fry. Drain in paper towels.
2. Drain pan except for 2 tablespoons oil.
3. In the same pan, saute garlic, shallot and tomatoes until soft. Add a little bit of water.
4. Place fish on top of the sauce.
5. Eat.

We were so full. We had no more space for dessert!

4 comments:

ericbau said...

The salad was mucho delicioso!

Leica said...

Thanks love!

Sarah - The Home Cook said...

I love the look of that salad. Yum!I've been loving shrimp lately, which is a shame because they're on the expensive side.

Leica said...

Shrimps are my favorite too. They're easy to cook and is always available here all year round.