Friday, November 5, 2010

Metropolitan Museum of Art

The Metropolitan Museum of Art is a must-stop if you are in New York. The MET, as it is often called, houses MOST of the world's greatest artifacts, pottery and paintings. It will take more than one day to fully appreciate the beauty of everything. I'm not an art conneisuer, but seeing thousands of beautiful things in one single place astounds me.



Paintings that I only see in books, I've seen up close at the MET. What surprises me the most is that the MET is not stuffy at all.
In fact, it was a pleasure roaming it's rooms and taking in the beauty of it. I saw quite a few people sitting in front of paintings and admiring them for hours. Van Gogh and Monet's painting evoke the most fans. I could stare at this painting the whole day.



Thanks Fanny for taking me :-) It was a very memorable experience.









Oh by the way, meet William. William is the MET's favorite unofficial mascot. He is made of faience, a glazed earthenware pottery from 1990 BC. William is usually placed in homes as a protective amulet or in tombs for protection for its owner in the journey to the afterlife.

No comments: