Friday, November 5, 2010

Great N.Y. Noodletown

November 4, 2010

It's been raining all day and the fog was so thick. I stayed at the apartment today and just curled up in the sofa with a warm blanket and some tea. I watched the boats go by the Hudson river. I'm so glad that we are staying for a few weeks and I don't feel rushed to be on the go all the time. It's nice to take pause and reflect on how blessed my life is.

Despite the rain, we did meet up with my cousin Butchie to have dinner at Great N.Y. Noodletown, in Chinatown. Butchie always takes us to his favorite haunts and I appreciate that very much because it really gives us a taste of what it's really like to live in New York City. We go where the locals go, not just to the tourist traps and popular places.



Anyway, we had the Shrimp Dumpling Noodle. The broth is light and the dumplings had shrimps and mushrooms in them.



We also ordered the Seafood Fried Noodle, which was also good and tasty and surprisingly not too heavy in taste.



Then, we ordered the Beef with Broccoli, which was quite ordinary, frankly. We barely touched it.



My favorite is the Baby Pig. Yes, it's really called Baby Pig. I love crispy roasted pork. The sauce that was mixed into the rice, was really good. It has a slight hint of anise, as with most Chinese roasted dishes.



All the food that we ate kinda reminds me of home. Thanks Butchie!

For dessert we went to the Chinese Ice Cream Factory again! It's hubby's reward for the five blocks that he walked from the subway. Our agreement is that he's allowed to have ice cream here in New York City, but when we get home, no more ice cream for him. Well, maybe only on special occasions, like Christmas and New Year, ha ha ha.

1 comment:

Socky said...

"Nay! Parang ang sarap nung pork!!!!!