Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Evenings with Mom

Now that this blogger has returned to the advertising world, I find myself taking advantage of my mom’s generosity to cook dinner in her kitchen, due to the long drive to our home in the south. As many south dwellers would know, the hour and a half long drive home just zaps your energy away and when you get home, it’s more inviting to just lie in bed instead of slaving over a hot oven and washing mounds of dishes afterwards.

It’s been a while since I posted something on my blog. I’m happy to say though that I have not stopped cooking since I started working again. Despite the simple Pinoy meals that I make, I still find it very enjoyable to cook after a spending the whole day at the office. Now, cooking is not only pleasurable, it’s therapeutic as well (as long as I do it in my mom’s kitchen, a mere five minutes’ walk from where I work) and when my mom is home, it gives us a chance to talk and bond with each other, just like old times.

I haven’t posted any photos lately because what I have been making for the past month are very simple, uncomplicated and down to earth meals.

I hope to post more exciting dishes soon. I guess my menu planning skills need to be polished a little bit. Sometimes the supermarkets in Makati fail to inspire me ☺

2 comments:

Toni said...

Oh you're in advertising too?! :D Hello hello!!!

Leica said...

Hello indeed! Small world :-)