Monday, January 7, 2013

J. Co Donuts

J. Co Donuts, the newest Donut shop to hit Manila. People line up for hours just to purchase. Hubby and I were able to go Greenbelt last Saturday, just as the mall opened. We had time to kill before I was to meet my college friends. J Co still had a short line. There were only three people ahead of me. 

We tried a variety of donuts to eat at the restaurant. We tried the Alcapone (donuts with almond slivers), Glazzy (plain glazed), Blue Berrymore (with strawberry jam and sprinkles? I think this was miss-punched in our receipt ), Coco Loco and Caviar Chocolate (with chocolate "pellets"). Can you get which ones are for Hubby? He he he. We also ordered an iced tea and a hot green tea.


Admittedly, the specialty donuts were less sweet than those from Krispy Kreme, Donut Donuts, Dunkin' Donuts and Mister Donut. J. Co's donuts are a bit fluffier, and the flavors are much more interesting, I guess. 



Despite the minor difference in taste with J. Co's competitors, it was not worth the long line. Seriously, there were a lot of staff in the counter, but they had no system and some staff members were just talking among themselves. It took me almost twenty minutes to get to the counter (with just three people ahead of me), the cashier was taking his time packing the donuts ordered by the lady ahead of me. There were a lot of staff, but they were like ants lost in a maze of sugar donuts. It would have been easier if an ambulant waiter were to go through the line, and take people's orders to facilitate faster ordering, packing and paying. Our drinks arrived much later after we finished our donuts. I don't understand why it took too long to put a teabag in a cup?! Or pour iced tea in a glass. We had to follow up our drinks twice! Seriously. I am not going back to J Co Donuts if the line is long. It is simply not worth it.

No comments: