Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Our 15th anniversary together

I can't believe it's been fifteen years. But here we are :-)

Hubby and I celebrate two anniversaries a year, the first one of course is our wedding anniversary in April and the second one is the day that we officially became a couple. Yes, that cheesy part when I said "Yes, I love you too!"

Hubby and I met 15 years ago, at my 21st birthay party (the arithmetic says I'm 36 even though I still feel like I'm in my twenties). Anyhoo, long story short, hubby fell madly head over heels in love with me the moment he saw me and never let go. Ha ha ha. Here's a picture of us the day we met on that fateful Saturday afternoon in October 1994.


L-R Nerdy Hubby, my cousin Jopo, hubby's sister Joyce and moi. Jopo and Joyce dating at that time, that's how hubby and I met, by the way :-)

Anyway, back to the present, I wasn't sure how to celebrate such a 15-year milestone. I wanted to plan maybe a grand vacation getaway but we already had that in Hong Kong with family last week :-)

Hubby and I agreed to just have dinner in Greenbelt. Our restaurant of choice was Zuni, a winebar and restaurant. Both of us haven't dined there yet and this will be a new experience for us.

For starters, we shared a salad of Grilled Prawns with Avocado and Apples in a Sesame Dressing. I really liked this salad. It's light yet filling at the same time. The avocados were ripe and sweet, the prawns tender and the dressing just right. Hubby on the other hand kept telling me that I can easily duplicate this at home. (I can and I probably will).



For my main course, I had the Baby Lobster with clams, broccoli, califlower and marbled potatoes. This was very good also, quite rich and creamy, great with bread.



Hubby had Tenderloin Steak with a side of vegetables and salad greens. I had some trepidation because the tenderloin looked burnt. Hubby assured me that it was not and perfectly seared with a bit of blood oozing from the tenderloin.



Hubby also had his Mango Sherbet which he liked as well.



Zuni is a nice intimate restaurant, the food is nice, a bit pricey, the service is good as well.



For even more dessert, we made our way across the Greenbelt park and went to Bizu. Bizu had a wide array of delicious cakes and cookies.



Bizu's desserts are always so elegant and decadent. Their best seller is the Amor Cake, a Valhona orange chocolate mousse in between layers of creme brulee and brownie. Hubby was smitten.



I had the Babylon, a light raspberry mousse between layers of infused almond (paste?, I'm not sure). I liked this cake also but a bit too sweet for just one person.



Hubby also ordered some macaroons, rose, mint and mango. The rose is one of the most popular beacuse I think they make it with rose essense and is quite delicious.



I think I'll go workout now to burn off the calories!

Oh by the way, Advanced Merry Christmas! :-)

No comments: