Thursday, August 6, 2009

One Rainy Afternoon, Part 2 (Pink Sisters)

After our mid-afternoon snack at Mano's, hubby and I proceeded to go to the Pink Sisters House of Prayer.

The Pink Sisters House of Prayer is actually a favorite place of reflection for a lot of people. It is quiet, situated in a mountain, surrounded by lush greenery. It has a Baguio feel but without the pollution and the noise :-)










Pink Sisters House of Prayer in Tagaytay has a charming chapel with bells on its crucifix. Very lovely and quiet, perfect for prayer. The chapel offers masses every Sunday at 7:30 am and 5:00 p.m., in case you want to hear mass there.



We came there for the Angel Cookies or Cloister Cookies, baked by praying hands, it says on the label :-) The cookies are made with trimmings from the ostia or communion bread. I've read about it prior to going there and I wanted to try it out. Hubby and I have yet to taste it. Maybe tomorrow :-)



Incidentally, the late President Cory Aquino used to come to Pink Sisters for prayer and reflection.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I love the tagline "Baked by praying hands."

Leica said...

Yeah, me too. Nuns baked them, very fitting :-)