Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Mona Lisa Italian Restaurant in Alabang

It was the day after Hubby's birthday. We drove to a nearby Italian restaurant called Mona Lisa, located in Alabang. Hubby's been there before, to wine and dine some expats who are visiting. For me, it's my first time to go.

Since it's just a few minutes' drive from our place, we decided to try it out together.

Hubby ordered Shrimp and Pomelo Salad (can you see a pattern here?, ha ha ha). I took a taste of the dressing but I didn't like it.


I ordered the Arancino Siciliano, fried  brown rice balls stuffed with mozzarella cheese over tomato sauce.   I loved this dish. The brown rice was crispy on the outside but still moist inside. I would definitely order this again.


I also ordered Pollo Pizzimenti, fettuccini in a creamy mushroom sauce with mushrooms, asparagus, broccolli and chicken pieces. The dishes at Mona Lisa are quite big and often can be shared by two or three people. My order of Pollo Pizzimenti was too much after a heavy appetizer. The sauce was good though but I prefer it without the chicken.


Hubby had the Mona Lisa pizza, with pepperoni, mushrooms and bell peppers. I didn't get to taste this since I was too full already. Hubby fished half of the pizza, yes, by himself.


We has so much leftovers, we took them home and ate them for dinner.


 I would definitely go back to Mona Lisa for the Arancino Siciliano. I really enjoyed eating that.

Belated happy birthday to the love of my life, Hubby :-)

No comments: