Thursday, September 1, 2011

Cheater's Baby Back Ribs


I made this super easy baby back ribs last weekend. It's ridiculously easy to prepare and I cheated a lot by using bottled barbecue sauce. I was contemplating on making my own from scratch but there were just too many ingredients (that would probably sit unused in my pantry). So, here's my shortcut version (that doesn't taste like a short cut version, promise!). Make sure that you are using good quality baby back ribs. I like buying my meat from S&R.

Barbecued Baby Back Ribs



Ingredients:
Baby Back Ribs
Sea salt
Pepper
Bottled Barbecue Sauce of your choice (I used Hunt's Honey Hickory Barbecue Sauce)

Procedure:
1. Clean the baby back ribs by removing the first layer of "filament" or "litid" found right below the bones. This is a very important step and should not be skipped. This will make your ribs more tender. It was frustrating at first but once you find the "sweet spot", the filament just peels off quickly.
2. Sprinkle with freshly cracked salt and pepper.
3. Wrap the ribs in foil. Make sure that the packet is completely sealed.
4. Bake at 375 for two hours.
5. Take the ribs out of the oven and let cool slightly.
6. Grill over hot coals and brush with barbecue sauce right before you take it out.

Best eaten with your hands.

Enjoy!

No comments: