Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tres Leches Cake

I've seen Alton Brown's recipe on Tres Leches cake on the net and I was intrigued. I had a similar cake from Aristocrat Bakeshop called Mucha Leche a couple of months back and it was good. Tres Leches is like a Rum Cake but instead of rum, you add condensed milk, evaporated milk and half and half and you let it soak for 8 hours. I used a whip cream icing on this one.



My cake tasted right. But the cake didn't rise as much and was unable to soak in all of the milk. I think maybe because the eggs that I used were still a bit cold. Anyway, I wanted to invite the kids and their parents to my house for an after dinner dessert and also to serve as guinea pigs for my baking experiment. I hope to make a new dessert a week and subject my brother, his family, hubby's sister and daugter to a sugar overload every weekend.

I wonder how from simple dessert and conversation, the night ended up with a kiddie pillow fight :-)



Sugar rush!!!!!