Monday, January 19, 2009

Las Paellas

I've been meaning to tell you about Las Paellas but my posts have always been delayed for some reason, thwarted by some other event. Anyway, this restaurant is not exactly a favorite of hubby and me, and it's not exactly on our "where not to eat" list. Las Paellas is one of them neutral restos. Some items are good, some items are bad. Nonetheless, it has a little bit of the masa yet kinda swanky feel to it.

It’s funny that these types of restos have such an appeal to everyone. You know when you don’t feel like slumming at the ubiquitous burger joint, but don’t want to spend a small fortune on dinner either. So, you look for that nice mix of affordable, semi-fine dining resto without looking so cheap? Las Paellas is the place.

Hubby and I dined there several times already. Its location plays a major role in most of our decisions. There’s a branch in BF and one in Festival Mall.

We started with the Mozzarella Sticks. I generally love anything with cheese, this was a hit for hubby and me. I just hope that they improve the salsa a bit more with fresh herbs.



Pomelo Salad has always been a favorite at home. Although Las Paellas version is not as generous nor as flavourful as what I make at home, it was ok, the dressing was a bit too sour though. I remember hubby not particularly liking that.



I ordered the Chicken Pesto Panini which was nothing spectacular. You can hardly taste the pesto in it but it was not unpleasant. I imagine some people might like its uncomplicated taste.



Hubby had the Lapu-lapu Romana which was a mild hit with hubby, again with the neutral thing.



Of course dinner won’t be complete without dessert. Hubby and I shared a slice of Frozen Brazo de Mercedes. This was good and surprisingly not too sweet.



One thing I like most is that the waiters in Las Paellas is that they are very friendly and courteous (specially in Festival Mall) so the lacklustre performance of the dishes can almost (I said almost) make up for it :-)

No comments: