Monday, January 5, 2009

Boracay, Day 2 Quintessential Boracay Experience

UPDATE November 14, 2009: I found out that if you Google my name, this page will come out :-) Please check out the newer entries in my blog to see what's happening with me and hubby, our families and friends.

We've made a few changes in our lifestyle and I'd like to think it's for the better.

Thanks for dropping by.

Leica




-----------------------------------------------

Day 2, the sun was up, perfect time to put on my sublock and explore the island. I personally prefer exploring it on foot because it provides more time for exploration.

I've been to Boracay a total of three times. The first two were because of work. This time, it was a real vacation. Hubby and I decided to explore station 2 and 3 during our early morning walk. The weather was perfect, sunny yet still a bit cloudy. I vowed to myself that on this vacation I will walk the the 12 km beach from tip to tip.

Boracay Regency provides a wide array of breakfast. Breakfast comes free when you check in. Here's Ashley enjoying the day's selection of breads.



The day was too perfect to waste. Hubby and I had such a nice time walking. We posed for some pictures. You can see why Boracay is so famous. Look at that white sand!













Whew, all that walking made hubby hungry. We stopped by for some ice cream at Fruits in Cream located at The Sands Hotel. I even posed by the snadcastle. A must when you're in Boracay. It's a sure sign that you're a tourist :-)





If you get tired from walking, like we did, just go behind any of the hotels or restaurants, there is a road that spans the entire beach, you can take a tricycle anywhere in the island. Special trip costs P60.00, a bit steep, like taking a taxi around Makati but hey, people there has to make a living. The tricycle drivers are friendly and most often than not, give you some tidbits about the island.

For lunch, the family had lunch at Attica. There's no sign on the restaurant. It's where Bazurra bar used to be. The pizza's good. Ashley couldn't seem to get enough of their spaghetti. I swear, that kid can eat anything!





For dessert, hubby and I made our way to I Lemon Cafe, located at d' Mall. We had chocolate truffle cake, mango overload, chocolate chip cookie, mango oatmeal cookie and a lemon mojito. Yum! I heart desserts! I love love the mango aotmeal cookie. Try it!




The rest of the afternoon is spent strolling, swimming and napping.





After such a "busy" day, cocktails at Hey Jude! seemed appropriate. They mix some mean cocktails! While walking on the beach, our group went to another bar named Jony's along station one, just to try it out. Their beer is quite reasonable and staff is very friendly.



Dinner time finally rolls over. We had some seafood grilled at Paradiso Grill. You buy fresh seafood from them and have them cooked any way you want it (within reason of course). The prawns are really fresh, and really huge. The food went really fast!





After dinner, hubby, my brother and myself went to Jonah's shakes for a nightcap :-)Your Boracay trip will never ever be complete without trying Jonah's shakes. You just gotta. It's mandated by some Boracay tourism law or something. In fairness, the shakes are really fresh and really good. I had the strawberry mango milkshake. Yummy.



The tide was coming in and the Jonah's shack (yes, it's just a shack) and is slowly getting wet, we moved to a nearby nameless hole in the wall bar (literally) and had a couple of beers while destroying our arteries with Chori Burger. Now, how come the chori burger tasted better last time I was there? Hmmmm...



Let's see...quintessential Boracay experience so far?
Floral shorts...............check!
Hey Jude cocktails..........check!
Aria........................check!
Jonah's shakes..............check!
Chori burger................check!
Posing by the sandcastles...check!

Wait, there's more on the list...hennah tatoo...braids...getting drunk....swimming....snorkeling...diving....

Eeeek! I need a week!

3 comments:

lheavenice said...

hi there! I was hoping you could help me with some planning for our Boracay trip this August. It's our first time and I am not quite sure where to stay and what to do with just a tight budget. I hope you could give me some suggestions on where to stay and what to do in Bora with just a tight budget. Thanks.

Leica said...

HiLhea. I would love to help you plan your trip. There are a lot of resorts in Boracay that are very affordable. You can check out boracayresorts.com. I've only stayed in two hotels there, 357 (station 3) and Boracay Regency (Station 2). Choose a hotel in station 2 because it is centrally located to everything. The best activity that I like to do there is ..eat, he he h. They have a wide selection of restaurants and it would take maybe a week ti eat in all of them I highly recommend Cyma, Aria and Lemon Cafe for desserts.

For other activities, the parasailing is nice (if you are not scred of heights), the don't miss the banana boats also. For helmet divin, you can skip this since Boracay is mostly sandy.

Boracay also has reasonable massages by the manags (P400, beachfront and P450 in your room).

I don't drink much so I won't be able to give you the skinny on the bars there. The most popular, I think, is Guilly's.

If you have any more quesries, you can email me at leicabauzon@gmail.com

Enjoy your boracay trip. The best time to go there (according to the locals) is June to December, no lumot :-)

Unknown said...

There are lots of boracay packages offered online. You can check it there and choose the best resort where you'll love to stay.