Monday, January 19, 2009

Dessert of the week - Strawberry Trifle

Strawberry season is back again (?). I've been seing them in the supermarket lately. I was determined to try some and make a simple strawberry trifle. There’s also a strawberry cream made by Nestle that I’ve been meaning to try.



I macerated the sliced strawberries in some sugar first and let them sit for about 15minutes or so. This somehow makes the strawberries sweeter and help in bringing out their sweet juices. I also made home made whipped cream using three tetra bricks of the chilled the strawberry cream by Nestle and a can of condensed milk. I used sliced Taisan cake for the base, followed by a generous layer of strawberries and whipped cream and then repeated the same processending with the cream. I wanted to bake the cake from scratch but the eggs took to long to come up to room temp. The dessert is simple but will provide an elegant touch to your dining table.



Hubby and I got invited to lunch by my brother and the trifle is an nice addition to our lunch. I know that the kids would like some dessert from their favorite ninang(godmother), moi.

I spent most of the afternoon playing with the kids. I love that, they seem to like playing with me too. My energy’s not as high as theirs but I try to cope up :-) My mom saw me lying on the floor on sheer exhaustion. But I love it.

No comments: