Monday, October 22, 2007

Merienda Cena In LP

This weekend, the family had our almost weekly get-together at LP. We scheduled in the afternoon at 4:00 pm for merienda (mid afternoon snack) but knowing our family, it will extend way into dinner time. My mom was in charge of the meal as usual so she made a lot of ulam for dinner as well.

She was a bit inspired with the meal. Aside from steaming huge crabs (which seem to be the staple in our get-togethers) she made guinataang kuhol, adobong adidas (chicken feet)roast pork (not pictured) and a dessert dish inspired by Kusina Salud, guinataang ube.







My mom's guinataang ube tastes better and less sweet than Kusina Salud's. I think this will be one of the most requested desserts in our future get-togethers.



Our Merienda Cena lasted 'till 10"00 p.m. Time really flies, when you're having fun.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Belated happy birthday, Leica!

I think it's called Merienda Cena, cena meaning evening meal.

But whatever it's called, it looks really good :-)

amie said...

Although I do not know you, but I think you're really lucky to get to travel around! The places you've been to are really beautiful. I'm glad you enjoyed the trip to Singapore (where I am staying at)! :)

Random Possum said...

nakakagutom...super!

i see jay2 wearing the camouflage shorts :-)

Leica said...

Thank you. Sorry to the Sienna part, I've always called it that way :-)

Lois Hu, I'm really blessed to be able to travel and to grow up in such a fantastic place. I loved our stay in Singapore. We hope to go back soon and explore more of Sentosa.