Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Conti's

There's a restaurant in BF that we consider as the old standby whenever we need eat something homey, delicious and reasonably priced. Conti's has been in BF for as long as I remember. They are famous for their desserts and asado roll, which my mom used to line up for (when she still lived in BF). My mom would go there very early in the morning and line up.

Hubby and I go there for their delicious food and reasonable prices. The head waiter already knows us so we always get good service. It's been a while since we dined there.

We tried the Symphony Salad which is a new entry on their menu. It's basically salad greens with slivered almonds, tomatoes in a sweet and tangy tomato dressing. The dressing is similar to Pancake house's Taco Salad.



My favorite is the Grilled Pork Chop with Mushroom Risotto. I love their mushroom gravy and the risotto. A true blue risotto, I learned, spread around the plate when you give it a little jiggle. Technically, Conti's risotto is not really risotto but a creamy rice dish since it does not resemble a "lugaw-like" consistency when you give it a little jiggle. But I love it anyway. There was a time when I ate this at least once a week :-)



Hubby likes the Beef Salpicao. He said that their recipe improved since the last time he had it.



Our super duper favorite dessert there is the Frozen Mango Tart. Sweet pie crust with mango cream and fresh mangoes on top. Yummy!

3 comments:

docemdy said...

They have branches too in Greenhills and Trinoma. I've only been to the Greenhills branch. I loved the prawns thermidore. Their mango bravo's the best!

Leica said...

Yeah, they've branched out and it's nice o see them grow through the years. I love the mango bravo too :-)

ericbau said...

mango bravo, mango tart, chicken pie, salpicao....
I'm hungry again!