Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Sunday Lunch and Baking Oooey Gooeey Nutty Choco Brownies with the Kiddies

The family gathered again at LP last Sunday for some simple lunch of squid adobo, pork chops and misua. They don't look much but they were lovingly prepared by my mom. Yum!





After gorging ourselves with lunch, I’ve asked the kids to help me bake brownies, from scratch. No commercial mixes here. I already pre-measured the dry ingredients the night before so that the kids and I can immediately proceed with the baking.

The kids were very excited with the baking process and very eager to help and took turns with the mixer.



The kids were more excited with the finished product. Here they are eagerly awaiting the brownies to finish baking. The 45 minute wait seemed like days :-)



Matagal pa ba?



It was a huge hit with the kids and adults alike.



I used Dutch process cocoa and lots of walnuts, cashews and almonds to make the brownie richer and nuttier.



Some said the brownies tasted like…. chocolate ice cream. I guess that’s a good thing, right?

The kids were very proud of their very first brownie and bragged to everyone about it.

Success!

Here are some pictures from our fun Sunday at LP.........





1 comment:

ericbau said...

Weeee'rrrre back !!