Monday, March 26, 2007

A new coffee place in BF

There's a new coffee place near our place and it's just opened last week. Hubby and I decided to try it out. It's called Java Man. It's restaurant style as opposed to the usual Starbucks way where you order you coffee in the counter. Java Man had waitresses coming to you. They have a variety of menu from pasta, ciabattas, salads, an assortment of meat dishes, pastries and of course, coffee. They can make your coffee anyway you want it and they use Philippine barako coffee. I ordered cold Bailey's coffee, decaf and it was good. It even had whipped cream on top. Whipped cream in coffee is always good, in my book. Hubby ordered iced mocha coffee, decaf also since it was close to midnight and we didn't want to stay awake the whole night. We were pretty happy with the coffee. We also tried their pasta and ciabatta combo. Hubby got the 3 cheese ciabatta, I got the pasta amatriciana. The ciabatta bread was good but hubby felt that the dressing was way too garlicky. I wasn't too happy with the pasta either, there's hardly any bacon in it and it was too tart for my taste. Hubby told me never to order something that I make so well at home so that I don't get disappointed. I just want to know how other people make it and compare it to my own version. To quote my mom, "Mas masarap ako magluto!" that's what she always says if she eats in a restaurant and find the food less than her usual standards. I have yet to taste their pastries, so I'll hold judgement on that.

4 comments:

Random Possum said...

ohh lala...délicieux! actually my biggest craze, and a daily morning ritual is a shot of expresso (or double) with a touch of chocolate syrup...c'est mochafique :-)

Leica said...

I love coffee too. But always decaf, otherwise I'd be awake for days :-)

Anonymous said...

This is the first time that I've had a chance to look at your blog and I love it--I went all the way back through all of your old posts. It's fun to read about your adventures, your recipes (I wanted to try to crepe recipe on my in-laws since they are Haitian French), and about family. My husband, Al, and I don't live very close to any family as we move every couple of years due to his work and we like reading about how our family is doing. Now that I'm getting closer to having our first child, my mom and brother try to fly down for a visit as often as possible. My mom relays news about you whenever she hears anything new. She loves your blog too and the next time she visits, I'll teach her how to post a comment on your site:)

Leica said...

Hi Trish. Your husband Al, sent me some pictures of your baby shower. Thank you. And congratulations on your upcoming baby girl :) I would love to see pictures of her when she arrives.