Saturday, November 14, 2009

Tuna Pesto Quesadilla

I felt hungry. It was midnight and hubby's still at work. I look into whatever is available in my fridge and pantry. Here's what I came up with:

Tuna Pesto Quesadilla

2 small flour tortillas
Pesto Sauce (I used Barilla)
1 small can Century Tuna, drained well
1 Tomato, seeded and diced
Cilantro leaves
Mozzarella Cheese (Skim, if you have it)
Bottled salsa


1. Spread a thin layer of pesto sauce on the tortilla.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients on one side (for easy flipping later).
3. Place the tortilla in a hot non-stick skillet. When tortilla starts to bubble, fold in half and then flip and toast until your desired doneness. Maybe 1 to 2 minutes per side. Slice in half before eating.

Best dipped in salsa. If you don't have it like I did, I just added more tomatoes and cilantro inside the quesdilla.

This Tuna Pesto Quesadilla recipe so easy to make and it's quite healthy too.

I had to make two batches since the first one had too much pesto in it which made it a bit salty and soggy.

Now, I'm too full. Gotta burn some of it off before going to bed!

Hmmm..should I call a home service massage?.............

3 comments:

Random Possum said...

no call me :-)

Toni Nakama said...

Yummy. This is very simple but delish; healthy too. I might prepare it for hubby's lunch on Tuesday (his day off)..:-D

Leica said...

Hi Random...Wish it was that easy for you to come over :-)

Toni, I'm sure your hubby will like this :-) Just don't forget the cilantro and tomatoes because they really balance the flavor of this quesadilla :-)

Thanks for dropping by at my blog :-)