On our way home from the grocery, hubby requested that I make chicken flautas for lunch. The problem was, he didn't tell me this BEFORE we went to the grocery. I had just planned to make Chicken Quesadilla for lunch and I didn't have enough tortilla for the flautas.
I just made do with the dimsum/siomai wrappers I have on stock. The ingredients are very simple and basic, yet, very tasty. The bell peppers and cilantro provide a fresh burst of flavor when you bite into the chicken triangles. Enjoy!
Siomai wrappers, large
Cilantro leaves and stems, chopped
Chicken breast fillet
Cheddar cheese, grated or cubed
Green bell pepper, sliced
White onions, chopped (optional)
(notice there are no measurements, this is because you can put as much or as little as you want in the filling)
Tomato salsa for dipping
1. Marinate chicken breast in milk, cilantro leaves and salt. Leave for at least half an hour.
2. Drain and pat dry the chicken breast fillets. Boil in lightly salted water until cooked. Drain and cube.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the chicken, cilantro, cheese, bell peppers and onions (if using, I didn't because hubby hates the stuff).
4. Place about a tablespoon of the chicken mixture in each siomai wrapper. Fold in triangles and seal edges by brushing it with a beaten egg.
5. Quicklty fry chicken tringles in hot oil to avoid burning and absorbing too much oil.
6. Drain in paper towels. Serve with salsa dipping sauce.
Quick, easy and delicious!
And yes, we had the chicken quesadilla on top of the chicken triangles. :-)