Thursday, February 22, 2007

On a whim

Last Sunday, my mom invited hubby and I for a simple lunch at her house. As usual, the food was excellent. She made her famous pancit molo (my lola's recipe) and inihaw na liempo. After stuffing ourselves, everybody wanted to go to Tagaytay to put some mileage on the new car. So off to Tagaytay we go. My brother had to take his own car since there were 9 of us including the children and their nannies.

Our first stop, Starbucks Tagaytay. My mom loves coffee so we had coffee and pastries there. My niece Ashley was dressed in her summer outfit of halter top, shorts, pink hat and the cutest ballet shoes ever. This is Ashley's very first outing in Tagaytay.

We had long conversations in Starbucks, had a lot of laughs. We planned vacations in the future, my mom talked about the recipes that she's seen on TV and will make in the future. My nephew JJ even finished a whole chocolate frappuccino all by himself!

For dinner, my brother treated us to Dencio's since his birthday was coming up. We had the usual pork staples like sisig (grilled pork face and ear with liver---my Tita Zeny makes the best in the world), crispy pata (deep fried pork hocks) and sinigang (a pork dish with tamarind soup). For a healthy spin (yeah, right), we ordered some asparagus too.

We were seated by the pond. All the seats overlooking the Taal volcano were already occupied. My nephew JJ had a blast looking at the fish and used up all our coins to make wishes in the pond.

What a day. Sunday. Best day of the week in my book.

4 comments:

P said...

Hello! We were there too! :-)

Socky said...

I had a feeling you guys would be in Tagaytay. Knowing you'd be itching to add to your new car's mileage. :-) But we left early at about 2 pm. In the picture, it looks like you were there for dinner. Shall we plan another get-away?

Leica said...

Sure! We're itching to try new places. Any suggestions?

ericbau said...

Lets! Lets!
North? Way north?
South? Way south?
How about west?