Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Some welcome finds


I love going to the supermarket. I particularly love going to South Supermarket in Alabang. Every time I go there I find something new. Most items are not found in your typical supermarket. Last week I found Foie Gras in the frozen section. Geez, those things cost a mint. If you love cooking fattened duck liver, you've just found your super market heaven.

Other welcome finds are fresh shitake mushrooms, portobellos, button mushrooms and oyster mushrooms (all great for stir-fry), squid ink that's already pre-portioned in small packages, roe, papaitan kit, huge frozen scallops and a slew of frozen fish fillets. I am most excited by their frozen fruits though, they have frozen cranberries, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries that go for P400+ per package. Smoothies, anyone?

1 comment:

P said...

I like Earls, the deli, particularly their salad dressings. These are imported from Canada: Bleu Menu, the healthy line of Canadian Superstore housebrand. Think lite versions of all SM Bonus products.
The frozen berries should be a treat. Perfect for the hot summer months ahead!