Saturday, August 3, 2013

Ginza Bairin - Glorietta 2

GinzaBairin is a newly opened tonkatsu restaurant in Glorietta 2. Me and two of my friends came over one time during our lunch break to check it out. We've seen some nice reviews of Ginza Bairin on the web. Often mentioning it is one of the best tonkatsu chain in Japan which expanded its operations in various cities in the US and Asia. 



True enough the tonkatsu was very tender. My friends and I ordered Kurobuta Rosu Katsu set which includes the tender pork Katsu with a little bit of marbling (fat), unlimited rice, shredded cabbage, miso soup and small slices of pineapple. 



In terms of taste, I really can't differentiate from Yabu. I think I have to try the Unagi Katsu Set so that I can try something different. The Unagi Katsu is decadent and a bit pricey but, I've only seen it in Ginza Bairin and no other restaurant that I know of. Ginza Bairin is known for its Unagi Katsu (aside from the Rosu of course).

Ginza Bairin get full really fast, since it is a new resto and people would like to try it. I suggest you come early to get a table. Service is slow, specially for refilling drinks and the cabbage salad. I attribute this to the restaurant barely days old and the crew is still probably getting familiarized with the system.

Anyway, it's worth a try. Budget with drinks average between P450 to P1,000 per head depending on your order.

No comments: