Thursday, April 11, 2013

Din Tai Fung in Myeong-dong, Seoul

What do you know, my favorite restaurant in the whole wide world is in Seoul! I wasn't able to go last time due to my poor sense of direction, I ended up wonderfully lost somewhere in the streets of Myeong-dong.

This time though, I was determined to find Din Tai Fung. I researched it, and realized, I had seen that building before, if only I looked closer, I would have found it during my last stay in Seoul.

Anyway, Hubby and I both love Din Tai Fung. I fell madly head over heels with the Xiao Long Bao in Taipei and I COULDN'T wait to get my hands on them ( sorry, that's the glutton talking).

I was so eager but, I was slightly disappointed with how the food tasted in Seoul. Din Tai Fung in Taipei is still the bomb! I vow to return there. Hubby will probably give in and take me there soon. Ha ha ha.

The difference in Seoul was the vinegar and soy sauce used for the dipping sauce of the Xiao Long Bao. That is it but, it makes such a HUGE difference in taste. Seriously, there aren't any black vinegar and Chinese soy sauce anywhere in Seoul? Cane vinegar doesn't taste quite as good with the Xiao Long Bao.

It would have been such a huge gastronomic success if the right vinegar and soy sauce were used. Even Hubby noticed the difference.

Anyhoo, the experience was still pleasant because Hubby was with me :-) Ah, two gluttons in love <3





No comments: