Friday, October 5, 2012

Tapella in Greenbelt


Another date night with Hubby! Our date nights come few and far between because of our opposing work schedules. I really cherish the times that we do manage to go out, eat and have a date.

We tried Tapella at Greenbelt 5. Tapella is a Spanish restaurant that serves tapas, various Spanish cuisine and they have an al fresco bar beside one of the gardens in Greenbelt. I often see expats dining there. We chose to eat at Tapella because it was quiet, intimate and I heard the food was good.

Hubby and I tried the Flauta Cammembert, Cammembert cheese with caramelized onions inside a warm crusty baguette. I was surprised with the bread because it was crusty outside but soft inside, obviously freshly baked.

Hubby ordered Flauta de Anchoa. Anchovies and tomatoes inside a crusty baguette. Simple, yet surprisingly delicious.

We also had the Mediterranean Salad with green and black olives, feta cheese, anchovies and various greens in a simple vinaigrette of olive oil and lemon (I think).

For our main course, although I was already very full, we had the Paella Manchego. Typical paella, cooked with broccoli, asparagus, shrimps, chicken and topped with grated Manchego cheese. The paella was a bit light, not too over powering, Hubby loved it.



Date night. I should insist having one at least weekly, 'no?


No comments: