This recipe of Chicken Pasta only has a handful ingredients and is super easy to prepare. It's a great last minute recipe, as long as the chicken fillets are de frosted. You need to place the fillets between two sheets of cling wrap and pound or whack them with a frying pan, depending on your mood. It's a great stress reliever, I tell you. You can also just slice them thinly so that they cook faster.
So here's the simple recipe:
Spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
2-3 Chicken breast or thigh fillets, pounded thin
Extra virgin olive oil
5-6 cloves of garlic, minced
1 can, diced tomatoes
Chili Flakes (optional)
Canned button mushrooms (optional)
Fresh or dried basil leaves (fresh is best)
Freshly ground salt and pepper
Grated parmesan or edam cheese
1. Season chicken fillet with salt and pepper. Using olive oil, lightly fry chicken fillets in a non-stick pan until cooked through, do not brown. Remove from pan and set aside to cool slightly. Slice or tear chicken fillets to bite-sized pieces.
2. In the same pan, add a little bit more olive oil, add garlic and saute until just about fragrant. Do not brown.
3. Add chili flakes, cook for a few seconds and add in the diced tomatoes. Season to taste. Simmer in low heat for a few minutes or until your kitchen smells like an Italian restaurant, he he he. The tomatoes should turn a little dark after a few minutes. Add in the basil.
4. Add the chicken and mushrooms until warmed through.
5. Add cooked pasta to the pan and mix well. Mine had too little noodles that's why it's swimming in sauce.
5. Add grated parmesan right before serving.
Simple yet delicious.