Monday, September 29, 2008

Saturday Breakfast with Hubby

For the past week, I've been craving for Kopi Bun. Kopi Bun is a soft and airy bread with a coffee flavored "shell". I'm so excited that there's a branch in BF homes that recently opened and I get my Kopi Bun fix whenever I want it. The Kopi Bun though delicious is very high in fat. I know this because when you touch the bottom of the bun, you can feel the butter sticking to your fingers and there's a large gaping hole inside the bun where maybe 4 tablespoons of cold butter was ensconed prior to baking. Hence, the combination of coffee and butter will entice any dieter to forget about dieting and finish at least one bun.



Hubby and I were up early last Saturday, 9:30 a.m. :-) After a quick bath, we proceeded to Kopi Roti and had our fix. Aside from the Kopi Bun, we also had soft boiled eggs mixed with soy sauce (they serve it that way), a mug each of Teh Tarik. Hubby had two Kopi Buns. I wanted to eat two as well but decided to be ladylike and not scarf down another bun.



Weekends are always so jam-packed. It's nice to have a long, unhurried breakfast with hubby once in a while.

No comments: