Saturday, July 11, 2009

Alba Restaurant

Hubby and I just had dinner at Alba Restaurant. It's been a while since we dined out since we have opposing work schedules. We chose to dine in Alba Restaurant. They opened a new branch in Westgate, Alabang. Alba Restaurant specializes in Spanish cuisine and their sign says that they've been around since 1952. I've heard of them of course, but only got the chance to dine there just now.







We ordered some really nice selection from the menu. To start with, we had Queso Ahumado (smoked cheese) which hubby and I really really liked. The cheese is very mild and yummy, and the salsa that they serve with it is a little bit sweet but still tangy. I personally prefer without the salsa. I probably could eat the whole thing because the cheese is sliced paper thin. Eating cheese nowadays remind me of our trip to Smelly Cheese in Hunter Valley, Australia. Oh my the cheeses there are so delighful. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water.



Anyway, I digress...We also had Almondigas de Vaca (beef meatballs). We like this dish as well. The beef is tender and the sauce is a garlicky and a bit salty, very nice for dipping bread. The dish kinda reminds me of my mom's meatballs in misua, they taste very similar but without the noodles :-)



Hubby and I split the Ensalada de Caesar. I like this picture that hubby took :-)



For the main course, we ordered the Paella Valenciana. A paella dish with seafood, chicken and chorizo. The serving is good for three people so we had plenty of left over. The paella was good, but Amalia's (in BF) is better. As I was writing this, it just hit me that Alba's specialty is the Callos and we didn't order it. Oh well, we'll save that for next time.



For dessert, hubby and I split the canonigo this was good also. I have a really fantastic recipe for this and a ultra heavenly sauce made with egg yolks and milk. Yum! I serve mine usually with mango balls on the side. I'll post the recipe when I get the chance to bake it again.



No comments: