Saturday, June 20, 2009

Girls' Night Out with the BFF

It's Friday once again. BFF had a pretty stressful week, to cheer her up, I invited her to have a spa girls' night out with me.

We're pretty simple ladies. All we need is a decent reasonably priced massage and we're good to go. I was craving for a Thai massage and I searched the web for an affordable alternative to the swanky spas in Makati. I came upon some decent reviews for Ton-Ton massage. All of the reviews that I managed to read agreed on the nice and soothing massage but gave low marks on the ambiance. Me, personally agrees with the review. Ton-ton is a straighforward, massage "parlor", no fancy frills, no designer tea, no comfy lounge and certainly no zen-like ambiance except for dim lights, soft music and a few slats of bamboo. That's it. Barring these, my best friend and I truly enjoyed our massage. After all, shelling out just P375 for an hour and a half of massage isn't bad, BFF even fell asleep and had to be shaken several times to wake her up, he he he. We tried the one along Pasay Road, right in front of The Residences. We'll probably try the one in BF next time. I didn't take any pictures because it wasn't very photogenic. For some images in the BF branch, I got these images from southbound.ph:





I personally prefer the Thai massage over the Shiatsu. Thai massage involves a bit of stretching and lots of deep massages using the masseus' hands, feet, elbows, knees and arms. It is dry massage (without any oils) and you are made to wear lose comfortable clothing for ease of movement, the massage is usually done on a mattress on the floor.

After our massage, we had a simple dinner at Pizza Hut Bistro. BFF is partial to pasta and is alergic to shellfish. We passed by the bistro on our way to another restaurant and decided to try it out instead. It was quiet and comfortable. The food isn't bad and the prices are reasonable.

The Fetuccine Alfredo is a favorite of my best friend. She ALWAYS has this when we go out. So, it wasn't a surprise that she ordered that. She mentioned to me that I actually introduced her to the "white sauce" spaghetti back in the day (maybe elementary days) and she got hooked since then.



I had a Seafood Pasta with Prawns and New Zealand Mussels in White Wine Sauce. I like this also. The flavor is light but quite filling.



We also shared a Salad of Cucumbers and Crabmeat (imitation) with some miso dressing wrapped in rice paper. It was also nice, light and refreshing.



What a lovely evening :-) Can't wait for the next one!

No comments: