Thursday, August 1, 2013

La Petite Camille - Greenbelt 5

At work, two of my colleagues, who have become my friends, make it a point to dine out at least once a week, if our schedules permit. So far, we have dined in various restaurants in Glorietta, Greenbelt and a little Chinese restaurant near the office. In one of our lunch forays, we dined at La Petite Camille in Greenbelt 5. Here's a snapshot of what we ordered. Fresh Spring Rolls, Pad Thai, catfish in a claypot and a chicken dish (forgot the name, sorry). Everything  that we ordered at La Petite Camille at that time was very good. The chicken was tender, the catfish was clean tasting (no "muddy" taste), the spring rolls were, well, fresh and crisp. The PadThai was ok, I would have asked for another lime but  service took too long.

Hubby and I dined their previously. I like the food At La Petite Camille.  I particularly enjoyed the shrimps wrapped around a sugar cane and the Pad Thai. I forgot the exact names of what we ordered but I was able to dig through my iPad camera roll and found some pictures that I tiled together. There's the shrimp and sugarcane appetizer, shrimp and pomelo salad, beef pho (?) and Pad Thai. I love Pad Thai, specially the ones from the floating market in Bangkok. Hmm, memories.


Anyway, La Petite Camille's food is nice, homey and not overwhelmingly rich or oily. However though, the service at La Petite Camille is very slow (on both occasions that I dined there). The food takes a while before it reaches your table. Not sure why, since the place wasn't full on both times I was there. Price is reasonable with each dish averaging from P250 to P400.

La Petite Camille is a nice place to have a comfortable and leisurely lunch or dinner. Slow and unhurried being the keywords here. 


No comments: