Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen at SM Aura

I meant to write a review of Ikkoryu Fukkuoka Ramen, the name is as mouthful as their noodles.  Hubby and I ate at Ikkoryu Fukkuoka Ramen when we checked out the SM Aura mall in BGC (Bonifacio Global City) a few weekends ago.


In a nutshell, Ikkoryu Fukkuoka Ramen is a great place to dine due to the quality of the broth used in the ramen. Ikkoryu Fukkuoka Ramen comes a very close second to Ramen Yushoken (in Westgate, Alabang) in terms of taste. The placemat (pictured above) tells in you in detail, how to enjoy their bowl of ramen.

At Ikkoryu Fukkuoka Ramen, they only have one kind of broth, which I assume, based on taste, is Shoyu, or soy sauce based. You can choose a variety of "toppings" to your ramen. I had the Chasbu Tonkotsu with Chasbu, thin pork loin slices with a little bit of marbling. I really liked this, the pork was very tender and has a clean taste.


Hubby ordered the Ajitama Tonkotsu, which has pork slices as well and a hard boiled egg, split in half and cooked in the Shoyu soup base. Hubby also liked this one. I gave some of my pork slices to him because my order has more than enough for me.


Hubby also had the Tofu Salad with Roasted Sesame Dressing. Fairly typical in any Japanese food joint. However though, the tofu was raw and it was a bit unusual, but not overall unpleasant, to eat tofu that way.


It was an enjoyable experience dining at Ikkoryu Fukkuoka Ramen. The waiters were friendly, the service was quick, and the price is reasonable. The line gets pretty long, so I suggest you come early.




No comments: