Monday, January 12, 2009

Impromptu Sunday

Hubby and I got invited for an impromptu lunch at my brother's house. My mom was there and made some quick dishes for everyone to share.

Mussels in Oyster Sauce



Calamares



The absolute comfort food in my family for generations, Stewed Pork with Red Beans.



Yikes, bondat na naman.

After that huge meal, we spontaneously decided to take a trip to Tagaytay for the afternoon. Just to get some fresh air and maybe some merienda. We hopped on to our cars and headed to The Cliffhouse in Tagaytay. The place is a charming collection of several restaurants that will cater to your different needs. The most popular is Cafe Breton, which was full when we arrived.



This is the first time that I visited The Cliffhouse, what a shame eh? The Cliffhouse is a small property located on the ridge. To go there, turn right at the rotonda, past Leslie's but right befor Petron gas station. It's on your left. You can't miss it. The Cliffhouse is very charming and calming at the same time due to a small meandering garden with flowers, shrubs and a pond with koi and a small waterfall. When we arrived, the weather was very cold. Fortunately we came prepared with our jackets, always bring a jacket when you're going to Tagaytay. The weather is usually cold and there's also a bit of wind. After oohing and ahhing over the sight of Taal volcano from the viewing deck of the property, we took some group pictures. I particularly like this photo taken by hubby of my brother and Ashley. Such a tender father daughter moment :-)



For our mid-afternoon snack, we decided to dine at Buon Giorno. An italian place found within the property.



One particular entry on the menu caught my eye, Foi Gras Salad in Raspberry dressing. I ordered it. The red thing that you see that resembles catsup is actually the raspberry dressing :-) I love the foi gras...tastes just like butter. I would recommend this a lot, just be wary of the dressing, it's very sweet.



We also had pizzas. The New York Pizza, which has bell peppers, assorted meats and olives. This was very good. You won't be disappointed.



We also ordered the Quattro Formaggi. Mozzarella, parmesan, blue cheese and feta. This was also yummy. A different twist with the blue cheese.



The Bolognese, Chicken fingers and the Chicken Panini were not very good. I recommend to skip these items when you're there.







To wash it all down, I ordered Tarragon Tea, walked a little and posed for more pictures.











What a great day spent with family :-)

No comments: