Saturday, March 28, 2009

Dinner at Felix

My cousin Butchie is finally back from his vacation in Bacolod and would stay a few days here in Manila before flying back to New York. Last night we had dinner at Fely J's with his folks but hubby wasn't with us that's why we didn't have any photos.

Tonight, we decided to meet up again after work for a dinner at Felix. A Filipino fusion restaurant owned by Richard Gomez, the actor. None of us have eaten there before and we saw a lot of people dining there the previous night.



Their breads are really good and freshly baked. You have a choice of spreading it with butter or their own concoction of bell peppers, vinegar, olive oil and other ingredients. Check out the stuff that we had :-)

My cousin Butchie had Prawns with Aligue, this one got rave reviews. The chef just added the right amount of aligue to give you a taste but not drown your system with cholesterol.



Mom had Sotanghon. She surprisingly liked this because of the added sesame oil in the dish.



I had the Adobo with Mozarella. This is good albeit a tad salty. I would defenitely copy this and serve it at a casual party at home.



Hubby had The Crapenters which he finished in under ten minutes. I could tell that he loved it. The cream sauce is not too rich.



The dishes are named after people. I forgot most of the names of what we ordered but they were all good and very filling. The price is quite reasonable. Around P700 per person including drinks.



I would definitely dine here again.

After our meal, we walked around Greenbelt to shop and browse around, had some dessert at Cafe Breton as well anf course took some pictures.







Sayang, if I didn't have allergies, I would have stayed longer to have some drinks, al fresco.

Butchie, I'm gonna miss you so much. Come back soon!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Leica,

Good to know your ok now. Where is Felix located? Would like to try their adobo w/ mozarella.

Btw, my kids are taking honey propolis from ilog maria for 3 months now and it seems like a good thing. Maybe you can try it for your allergies.

gg

Random Possum said...

Awesome time last night!!! I'm gonna miss you too, and I hope your next trip will be New York.

Enjoy your trip...muah!!!

Leica said...

Hi Gigi. Flix is located in Greenbelt near the church.

I heard about the Bee Propolis. Actually, hubby has a bottle at home. I'll try it when I get back. At this point I'm already desperate, ha ha ha :-)

Butchie!!! I'm gonna miss you sobra. I wish I didn't have that stupid allergy so that we could have spent more time together :-)